Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daily Dose of Cute

image of Dudley the Greyhound, lying on the couch, looking at me expectantly

Passing the guest room on the way into my office one day recently, I glanced in and saw Dudley lying on the bed. He looked at me and wagged the tip of his long tail in a friendly hi. I went in to lay down next to him for just a moment, and I was suddenly overcome with appreciation for him. I stroked his ear in the way he loves, and I said to him, "I'm so grateful I know you. Thank you for being such an important part of my life." I told him why he has meant so much to me and that I love him. He looked back at me with his big brown eyes. I chuckled to myself, at my silliness. "I know you don't understand what I'm saying," I said, "but I hope you feel the sentiment, at least; I hope you know you have opened my heart." He reached out his paw and laid it on my chest, right over my heart.

I know it was just a coincidence. But it sure was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment